6:30pm Tuesday, February 21st
Kim O’Connell, Bryan Mason, Angie Greiner, David Raim, Leslie Carnes, Pam Kalkhoff, Quanda Hood, Susan Liddiard, Amy Tackaberry and Jenn Broghammer
Approval of Agenda –
Fine Arts News an Updates – Amy Tackaberry
Show Choir – email from Tracy Williams
Show Choir performed at West Branch placing 6th in 3A. At State Contest, the Show Choir received a 1 rating from one judge and a high 2 from the other leaving them 1 point from an overall 1 ranting. On 2/11/17 at Keokuk they received 2nd place and at Central Lee they placed 5th in Class 3A going to finals for the first time in the Show Choir history. The Show Choir continues to grow and are placing higher than teams who traditionally place ahead of them.
Speech – email from Christine Maas
There were 65 students who participated in Large Group this year. Speech took 19 events to District and advanced 13 to State. Two groups Musical Theatre (Something Rotten) and Ensemble Acting (Family Secrets) were selected to All State.
Congratulations to the following performers:
Something Rotten – Mikayla Tackaberry, Macayle DeVore, Marcus Emmel, Cole Sherman, Nicole Wichhart and Eli Davidson
Family Secrets – Nicole Wichhart, Emma Davis and Joel Burzacott
CCA Hosted the WAMAC Individual Speech Contest. CCA had 22 students involved in individual events. Individual Speech Districts will be held Saturday 3/4/17
Finished 2nd place in the 2nd band class at the Coe Jazz Summit. Noah McNiel was selected Outstanding Soloist in 2nd Band Class.
Upcoming Fine Arts District Events
- 03/4/17 SEIBA Jazz Festival (held at West High in Iowa City)
- Bill Reilly Talent Search (4pm CCA HS PAC)
- 03/6/17 HS Vocal Pops Concert (7pm CCA HS PAC)
- 03/7/17 Tiffin Elementary Art Night
- 03/9/17 Monster Band (6pm CCA HS)
- 03/10/17 Middle School Play (7pm)
- 03/11/17 State Individual Speech (Vinton-Shellsburg HS)
- 03/21/17 Elementary Art Night (CCA HS PAC)
- 03/25/17 3A IHSMA Solo & Ensemble
- 03/27/17 All-State Individual Speech (UNI)
- 03/31/17 SEIBA JH Large Group (CCA HS)
- 04/04/17 Iowa Jazz Championships (Des Moines)
- 04/08/17 CCA Night of Jazz (7pm CCA HS PAC)
- Emerging Excellence – MS Art show
- 4/20 –4/22/17 CCA HS Spring Play “Music Man” (7pm with Saturday matinee at 2pm)
- 04/27/17 CCE Spring Program (4pm)
- 05/02/17 Tiffin Elementary 4th & 5th grade spring concert (Tiffin Elementary)
- 05/04/17 CCE Spring Program (4pm)
- 05/05/17 3A Large Group State Music Festival (TBD)
- 05/06/17 Maifest Parade / MS & HS Marching Bands (10am Amana)
- 05/09/17 HS Band Spring Awards Concert (7pm CCA HS PAC)
- 05/15/17 HS Vocal Concert (7pm CCA HS PAC)
- 05/16/17 MS Mayday Band Concert (7pm CCA MS)
Reviewed minutes. Motioned by Kim. Seconded by Pam. All approved.
Treasurer’s Report – Kim O’Connell
FAME received a $300 donation to from the Banwart Family. These were funds raised by the CCA Band Students to help the Banwart Family after a fire destroyed their home. With the incredible CCA Community Support from the GoFundMe page the family felt these funds should go back to help fund CCA Fine Arts needs.
Bill Riley Talent Search (3/4/2017) – David Raim
All slots are currently filled. David is confirming performers and has a waiting list started if someone is unable to perform.
Senior division was filled with all CCA students and alumni the Sprout division was filled with half CCA students. Bill Riley will be in attendance.
Judges – Britta Fulls (Vocalist and 2015 Bill Riley Champion), Bob Driggs (Brass Musician), Jill Beardsley (Dancer)
Master Of Ceremonies – Tom Milligan
Lights – Tom Milligan
Sound – Bryan Kalkhoff
Amy Tackaberry asking for use of the Green Room and Dressing Rooms for performers. Judges will be set up similar to Solo Ensemble in the area between the lower and upper seating.
3pm Check-in & SoundChecks begins
4pm Sprouts Division begins
5pm Intermission – (Judges will deliberate and eat)
6pm Britta Fulls performs
Sprout Division awards announced
6:30 Senior Division begins
Judges will deliberate immediately following the last Senior performance
8pm Senior Division Awards announced
Sponsors – Pam Kalkhoff will send Thank-you notes to our sponsors.
- Tiffin & Amana Family Care ($300.00)
- University of Iowa Community Credit Union ($250.00)
- Depot ($50.00)
- First Trust and Savings Bank – Oxford ($25.00)
- Solon Bank and Trust ($25.00)
Each participant will receive a coupon for a free slice of pizza from the Depot. A total of $500.00 will be awarded as cash prizes. There will be 4 cash prizes per division. 1st = $100.00, 2nd = $75.00, 3rd = $50.00, 4th = $25.00
- Posters – Created by Bryan Mason printing costs = $40.00
- Programs – Created by Quanda Hood. Estimating $50-$100.
Intermission – Food
Being organized by Kim O’Connell. Pulled Pork sandwiches, chips, cookies and a drink. Pam Kalkhoff to contact Hy-Vee regarding a cookie donation.
Volunteers needed –
Check- In table (1-2) Angie Greiner, Kim O’Connell
Sound Check Organizing (1-2) Bryan and Pam Kalkhoff
Move Piano (2)
Move Microphones (2)
Backstage (1-2) Amy Tackaberry, Bryan Mason
Food (3-4) Kim O’Connell, Michelle Raim
Photos from event Susan Liddiard
FAME Concessions – Kim O’Connel
Concession for WAMAC Individual Speech and State Jazz Festival both had $200-$250 in profit.
SEIBA JH Large Group Contest – (Friday 3/31/17). Pam Kalkhoff and Jenn Broghammer will run the concession for this event.
FAME received a thank you note and photos from the Elementary teachers. All programs are using the ukuleles and enjoyed by the students.
Request from Tom Milligan to purchase 10 wireless microphones for the PAC.
Bryan Mason will check with another vendor for a lower price. Motioned Pam seconded Angie to allocate $3000.00 towards the purchase of wireless microphones for the PAC. All approved.
501C.3 – Kim O’Connell
Russ Meade has verified all of FAME paperwork has been received and processed. Our renewal check should be cashed within the next couple of days with reinstatement information being sent shortly after.
Monsanto Award – (from 01.17.17 minutes)
David Raim reported Michelle Raim has received the Johnson County Monsanto award. This award allows winners to choose which charity or 501.c3 organization they would like to receive a $2,500.00 donation. Michelle would like to donate the funds to FAME for the purchase of additional cordless microphones in the PAC. David has given Monsanto FAME’s contact information.
At this time neither FAME nor the Raim’s have heard from Monsanto. David will contact them to see what the time frame of the award will be.
Monster Band Concessions (3/9/2017) – Kim O’Connell
Kim will contact Kurt Ronnfeldt regarding the use of the inside concession stand. We will run meal option out of concession stand.
6:30pm Monday, March 20th
High School Music Faculty room (between band and choir rooms)